Underwater Housing for the Sony NEX-5N
The price is undecided.
End of sales.
The extraordinarily practical NEX-5N with a huge, mirrorless APS-C sensor, 16.1 megapixels! Truthfully, ACQUAPAZZA is always thinking how to make underwater operations as easy as they can They’ve added a bayonet port that inserts with astonishing smoothness, a zoom gear, and a focus gear. The latest innovation: a quick-change shoe. All designed primarily around ease of operation!
- Standard equipment
- Five in-stock colors:
Black, Violet, Red, Bright Yellow and Turquoise
- An additional nine colors are available on special order
: Gray, Bronze, Green, Silver, Gold, Orange, Pink, Blue and Champagne (requires two extra weeks for production.)
- An extension key (Playback button)
- Monitor Hood Rail
(Can also be fitted with an Underwater Monitoring Pro(UN, Inc). for the PT-EPO1)
- Mount Base
Can be fitted with an adaptor to fit six types of couplings: a X2 shoe base adaptor, a multi-direct base, a direct base, a T-slide base, a ball joint base, and an M10-NA hooking ball joint base M10)
- Installation Holes for the M10
(for the M10-NA hooking ball joint base M10)
- Optical fiber rubber bush a two-hole rubber bush unit for fiber optic sync cords for use with four strobes from
(or for use with two strobes from either Olympus or Sea & Sea)
- Star Dial (an original feature allowing easy manipulation even with thick diving gloves)
- Three tripod screws
- On-off lever for internal strobe
- Three holes for strap attacahment
- A secure double O-ring seal on the back door
- Body construction: milled in 3D of corrosion-resistant, high quality solid aluminum.
- Viewfinder window: polycarbonate
- Size: 183.9mmW X 128.4H X 94.0mmD (measuring only the housing body, with a flat cover and including any protruding points)
- Functions between 0°C + 40°C / 32°F - 104°F
- Pressure tested to 100m / 328.08ft
- User Manual
- Optical fiber Rubber Bush *1
- Hand strap
- Spare O-ring
- O-ring grease
- Slanted cover for the Tilt Monitor; includes angle adjustment lever.
(Option at time of order where no pick-up finder is included)
- M67 Adaptor for the M86
- AMRS : the focus ring and zoom ring allow underwater operation as easy as above water operation (INON, Inc. patented magnetic rotary system)
- F Gears
- Z Gears
- Reflection Diffuser
- Projecting Shade Sponge(to lessen vignetting when using the internal strobe)
- Port mount M86 (price included with original order)
(charge is incurred when upgrading from a standard M86 to a newer version)
- UCL-165M67 Close Up Lens (INON, Inc.)
- Slanted Cover for a Tilt Monitor (available as an option at time of order)
- A slight upgrade to the fine details of the very popular slanted cover of the APSO-NEX5. It is possible to change the angle of the monitor and cover underwater, from 0∞ to 45∞.
- Flat cover (Standard Features)
- The Slant cover cannot equip with a pickup finder unit.
- Port for the E-mount Lens (Options available for the M86)
- The E-Mount Lens is a superb autofocus lens for still and for moving pictures. When used in manual focus mode the assist function engages to enlarge the display, making it easy to adjust for a sharp focus. Special attention has been paid to the fact that the objective glass in the port is true glass.A port ordered at the same time as the body will be coated in matching alumite, but only in stock black only. Any additional orders for ports may be matched to your housing body cover, but there is an additional two week production time required. However, since the two will be produced at different times, there may be slight variations in the colors.
- Port for the A-mount Lens (Options available for the M86)
- A“I just bought a NEX7 but I don’t understand the image quality difference between the NEX7 and the NEX5N...”
Ever had that thought cross your mind?
The primary cause lies in removal of camera shake and the improvement on soft focuses.
The NEX7 sensor works down as far as one pixel, making it 33% smaller in area than the NEX5N. It is crucial that there is no camera shake and it is easy to relax and find your perfect focus. However, the next demand involves lens capability.
The A-mount lens is used exclusively for manual focus photography and it has no assist function. However, it uses only center as a 35mm lens, giving you optimum resolution even on surrounding objects. If you have noticed these points in the past, these improvements should be a huge factor in your choice of housing.
A50Mport, A100Mport, A16Fport, S10Fport(the S10F is exclusively for use with the APS-C)Additionally, to lessen the chance of aperture blur, we suggest opening the lens no
more than to f11. (3.9 X 2)/1.22/ λ) X 1000 = 11.62 (f-stop) (λ = G wavelength of 550)
(Differences of camera shake, focus blur or lens characteristics were not taken into account.)
- Extension Key
- Keeping the auto-review function set in the “on” position can result in a shutter lag of up to two seconds, meaning you may miss that important shot. The extension key allows you to turn the review function on only when you want to review your shots, and is in an easily reached position to push. It is a PlayBack button and has received wide acclaim.
- The AMRS allows both the zoom and the focus to be controlled manually.
- Usually a gear system allows control of only one function, so if you have a zoom lens you must use a special fitting for that zoom lens which will not allow you to control both zoom and focus. The AMRS allows control of both functions (i.e. Both functions use the same fitting), making it possible to have a zoom lens that you can focus manually. Even after setting the zoom gear, if you feel that you want to focus manually, you can utilize the zoom gear and the AMRS both at the same time.
- Introducing a newly-designed and much anticipated bayonet port
- It operates so smoothly you would never think that it is a lens mount for a camera! The design also ensures that as pressure increases it becomes more and more pressure resistant.
- The housing utilizes the very popular focus gear and zoom gear system.
- 10+16mm, 30mm macro, 16mm ,α16mm Fisheye, α50mm macro, α100mm macrocan all be fitted with the focus gear system. The 18-55mm, 55-210mm can be fitted with the zoom gear.The ports use both the AMRS and the gear system.
- Trigger-style shutter lever
- Because this is a camera housing which allows lens changes, we have introduced the easy-to-use trigger-style shutter lever. The shutter is activated directly from this lever and gives you that direct connection feel with your shot. The shape, positioning and durability of this function has won wide acclaim.
- Monitor Hood Rail
- (Can be attached to the PT-EPO1 by UN, Inc.) The hood is fully capable of shading a monitor when the sea is bright, and can be removed with just a touch when it is not needed. It also has a magnifying effect and is very popular with those who have trouble discerning small objects on the monitor screen.
- Mount Base
- Can be fitted with an adaptor to fit six types of couplings: a X2 shoe base adaptor, a multi-direct base, a direct base, a T-slide base, a ball joint base, and an M10-NA hooking ball joint base M10)
- Installation Holes for the M10
- (for the M10-NA hooking ball joint base M10) Even without a grip attached to the housing, with these two holes it is possible to attach a compact strobe, a video light or a mixture of both. And if you do have a grip attached, it’s a breeze to connect four light sources.
- Optical cable adapter
- The attached optical cable adapter mounts two phi 7 of SEA&SEA and OLYMPUS. One a "optical fiber rubber bush" is attached. If purchased by one addition, the strobo by INON corresponds to four sets. The cable is located in the center. The right and left can use the cable of the same length. Since the cable was taken out upwards, it does not become obstructive at the time of a dome or 16 ports.
- M67 Adaptor
- This adaptor allows you to quickly connect a standard M67 close up lense. It can be set with just the slightest twist. Since it produces almost no sound or change in water pressure while being connected, you won’t spook those nervous fishes!
- Projecting Diffuser
- For use with an internal strobe (for the 16 port, the 1855 port and the 55210 port) Even when the subject is 0mm from the objective lens glass, light can curve around and cause no vignetting. The projecting portion of the diffuser can be adjusted to different lengths, which helps to block the curve of the light
- Star Dial
- This original design can be manipulated even with thick diving gloves! And it is even stylish!